This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: sparc 32-bit dirent broken
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 21:09:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: sparc 32-bit dirent broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131010 dot 150549 dot 1493772166605383173 dot davem at davemloft dot net>
On 10/10/2013 09:05 PM, David Miller wrote:
CVE-2013-4237, BZ #14699: Buffer overflow in readdir_r
broke dirent on sparc.
I suspect it has something to do with alignment. On 32-bit
sparc things must be aligned on a 64-bit boundary even though
"long" is only 32-bit. So that might have something to do
with the issue.
Sorry about that. Can you post strace output showing the complete
buffer that arrives from the kernel?
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team