This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
sparc 32-bit dirent broken
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: fweimer at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 15:05:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: sparc 32-bit dirent broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
CVE-2013-4237, BZ #14699: Buffer overflow in readdir_r
broke dirent on sparc.
I suspect it has something to do with alignment. On 32-bit
sparc things must be aligned on a 64-bit boundary even though
"long" is only 32-bit. So that might have something to do
with the issue.