This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] malloc/hooks.c: Correct check for overflow in memalign_check.
- From: Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, patches at linaro dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 18:15:25 +0400 (MSK)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] malloc/hooks.c: Correct check for overflow in memalign_check.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52555E49 dot 4050506 at linaro dot org>
On Wed, 9 Oct 2013, Will Newton wrote:
> + /* Check for overflow. */
> + if (bytes > SIZE_MAX - alignment - MINSIZE)
At this point no upper bound is established on the value of 'alignment', so
the test may pass when 'alignment' is so large that right-hand side
(also, when 'alignment' is larger than SIZE_MAX/2+1, _int_memalign enters an