This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [BZ#13982] [PATCH 2/3] Split ar_SD into ar_SD and ar_SS
- From: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 18:53:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: [BZ#13982] [PATCH 2/3] Split ar_SD into ar_SD and ar_SS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHdAatbRWAFtKB61N53gfWnYaBMJ7kqV3X0Xr+FB_6krD5TCwQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310071636580 dot 31470 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Joseph S. Myers
> Please stop committing untested patches; your recent commits have a high
> rate of problems that would have been shown up by minimal "make
> localedata/install-locales" testing. If you can't run "make
> localedata/install-locales", don't commit patches at all; ask for other
> people to test and commit (and make clear when posting the patches that
> they are untested).
I believe you are overstating the extent of problems caused by "my
recent commits". There was one particularly series of commits that I
broke into three to update the iso-3166 data (and the related locale
splits). Admittedly there were several typos that have been caught
Typically my commits do not extend beyond the localedata/locales
directory, only rarely straying farther afield. I do test locales as
I work on them and before I commit them. I do not have a build system
set up, so I do not know if I can perform the requested "make" test or
I am contributing to glibc in order to address the chronic neglect of
localedata tickets, I am proud of the work I've done and find your
unwelcoming tone to be a rather curious way to treat a newcomer that
is only trying to address an area that has been neglected for so long.
If you did the localedata fixes that were requested, I would not have
to commit at all, but history has shown that they typically just get
Having corrected and updated ISO-639, ISO-4217 and ISO-3166, I should
mostly confine my future work to localedata\locales where the "make"
test should not be required.