This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #15022] Correct global-scope dlopen issues in static executables
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ondřej Bílka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 21:10:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #15022] Correct global-scope dlopen issues in static executables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1301152056590 dot 4834 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20130116215545 dot 7A37A2C0B0 at topped-with-meat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1301240655220 dot 4834 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20131007184301 dot GA10028 at domone>
On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, Ondřej Bílka wrote:
> This patch looks unreviewed since january.
Thanks for taking care of my change, but it has actually been committed:
Author: Maciej W. Rozycki <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri Jun 28 16:20:26 2013 +0100
[BZ #15022] Correct global-scope dlopen issues in static executables.
This change creates a link map in static executables to serve as the
global search list for dlopen. It fixes a problem with the inability
to access the global symbol object and a crash on an attempt to map a
DSO into the global scope. Some code that has become dead after the
addition of this link map is removed too and test cases are provided.