This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: The glibc LE powerpc support
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 19:32:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: The glibc LE powerpc support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310041524370 dot 28946 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20131005072512 dot GQ5082 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Sat, 5 Oct 2013, Alan Modra wrote:
> > There should be a NEWS file entry for the addition of LE powerpc support
> > (as a significant new feature in 2.19), and it should be added to the list
> > of supported configurations in the README file.
That README change is incorrect.
- powerpc-*-linux-gnu Hardware or software floating point
+ powerpc-*-linux-gnu Hardware floating point required, BE only.
This wrongly reverts part of the README adjustment I made yesterday when
moving the soft-float support from ports into libc. Soft-float (BE) is,
as of yesterday, a supported libc configuration.
Joseph S. Myers