This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix __check_pf()/make_request() stack overflow segfault (convert to alloca_account) and memory leak.
- From: "Banerjee, Debabrata" <dbanerje at akamai dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 16:25:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix __check_pf()/make_request() stack overflow segfault (convert to alloca_account) and memory leak.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On 10/4/13 12:33 AM, "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>Is there a detailed description of the exact problems
>you are fixing with this patch?
>Could you please file one or more bugs in bugzilla for
>these user visible defects?
https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16001 - calls to
getaddrinfo() leak memory.
https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16002 - calls to
getaddrinfo() can segfault with large numbers of local ipaddrs.
>Could you please split this into at least 2 patches
>The first patch should be as minimal as possible and
>convert to alloca_account.
>The next patch should fix the memory leak.
Coming in next email, although I recommend you take them both at the same
>> Tested with valgrind --leak-check=full --show-reachable=yes while
>> getaddrinfo() and subsequent freeaddrinfo() with 64k+ local IPv4 and
>Full testsuite run on x86-64? Regressions?
i386 and x86-64 run against 2.15 with this patch. I see there are very
similar architecture specific versions of these files in other places, I
cannot verify those so I did not patch them.