This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: The glibc LE powerpc support
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 13:40:11 -0300
- Subject: Re: The glibc LE powerpc support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310041524370 dot 28946 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <1380901794 dot 4899 dot 82 dot camel at spokane1 dot rchland dot ibm dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310041546400 dot 28946 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 10/04/2013 12:49 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Oct 2013, Steven Munroe wrote:
>>> Is the LE support intended to work for 32-bit, or only for 64-bit? If
>>> it's meant to work for 32-bit, you should also ensure that
>>> libc_cv_gcc_unwind_find_fde=yes is *not* set in that case, as that's only
>>> for backwards binary compatibility. If not, make sure it's disallowed for
>>> 32-bit at configure time.
>> There are no plans for IBM to support PPC32 for LE at this time.
> Thanks. Then a simple configure check with AC_MSG_ERROR([little-endian
> powerpc32 not supported]) will be a good idea to detect any attempts to
> build such a configuration at as early a build stage as possible, and to
> make clear there isn't any supported ABI for that combination (so that if
> support for it were added in future it might have different symbol
> versions, for example).
I'll work on adding this checking and also on update the NEWS file.