This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: The glibc LE powerpc support
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <munroesj at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 15:49:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: The glibc LE powerpc support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310041524370 dot 28946 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <1380901794 dot 4899 dot 82 dot camel at spokane1 dot rchland dot ibm dot com>
On Fri, 4 Oct 2013, Steven Munroe wrote:
> > Is the LE support intended to work for 32-bit, or only for 64-bit? If
> > it's meant to work for 32-bit, you should also ensure that
> > libc_cv_gcc_unwind_find_fde=yes is *not* set in that case, as that's only
> > for backwards binary compatibility. If not, make sure it's disallowed for
> > 32-bit at configure time.
> There are no plans for IBM to support PPC32 for LE at this time.
Thanks. Then a simple configure check with AC_MSG_ERROR([little-endian
powerpc32 not supported]) will be a good idea to detect any attempts to
build such a configuration at as early a build stage as possible, and to
make clear there isn't any supported ABI for that combination (so that if
support for it were added in future it might have different symbol
versions, for example).
Joseph S. Myers