This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
The glibc LE powerpc support
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 15:39:47 +0000
- Subject: The glibc LE powerpc support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Where the commits of glibc support for LE powerpc have fixed bugs filed in
Bugzilla, please remember to add those bugs to the list of fixed bugs in
the NEWS file and to close those bugs as fixed. Apart from the bugs you
mentioned in the ChangeLog, did you conclude whether these changes fixed
bug 5268 or not?
There should be a NEWS file entry for the addition of LE powerpc support
(as a significant new feature in 2.19), and it should be added to the list
of supported configurations in the README file.
I've filed bug 15998 for the arch_minimum_kernel issue (and 15997 for that
issue for x32).
Is the LE support intended to work for 32-bit, or only for 64-bit? If
it's meant to work for 32-bit, you should also ensure that
libc_cv_gcc_unwind_find_fde=yes is *not* set in that case, as that's only
for backwards binary compatibility. If not, make sure it's disallowed for
32-bit at configure time.
Joseph S. Myers