This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH BZ #14120] Do not create autom4ate.cache directory
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:00:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH BZ #14120] Do not create autom4ate.cache directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131002172812 dot GA10869 at domone dot podge> <20131002175654 dot 035302C073 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 10/02/2013 01:56 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> This sounds like an Autoconf bug. Using read-only source directories
> should not require special hacks. Please elaborate (here and/or in the
> bug) on what the real story is here.
I agree. Someone needs to confirm that this is an autoconf bug, file a
bz with the autoconf, and only then would a workaround like this be
acceptable (with comments pointing at the autoconf bug so we can know
it's fixed and eventually remove the custom configuration file).