This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Race and segmentation fault in pthread_kill() vs thread teardown
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu dot desnoyers at efficios dot com>
- Cc: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, "Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 10:11:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: Race and segmentation fault in pthread_kill() vs thread teardown
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <305581948 dot 26980 dot 1380684877897 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at efficios dot com> <675415986 dot 27031 dot 1380686764309 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at efficios dot com>
The POSIX spec is pretty clear:
If an application attempts to use a thread ID whose lifetime has ended,
the behavior is undefined.
I'd suggest to file a bug report with the Austin group wrt to the
wording in pthread_kill.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."