This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #15988] Fix check for PI mutex on non-x86 systems
- From: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at tilera dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 15:40:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #15988] Fix check for PI mutex on non-x86 systems
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131001095040 dot GB2823 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On 10/1/2013 5:50 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Fedora bug report:
> I don't know how I didn't notice this earlier, but tst-mutexpi8 was
> failing on s390 and ppc due to a bug I introduced while adding PI
> mutex support to pthread_cond_* for non-x86 systems. I had used the
> wrong flag to test against (PTHREAD_MUTEX_ROBUST instead of the
> correct PTHREAD_MUTEX_ROBUST_NORMAL_NP) which broke recursive PI
> mutexes. The patch below replaces this test with the USE_REQUEUE_PI
> macro. Tested on s390 and verified that it fixes tst-mutexpi8 and
> also does not introduce any new regressions. OK to commit?
Great! This also fixes the tile architecture bug 15760, which I've now closed as a duplicate of 15988. I updated the NEWS file to mention 15760 as well.
I've also updated the Release/2.18 wiki page to indicate that this bug is architecture-independent rather than a tilegx-specific bug :-)
I assume it makes sense to backport this fix to the 2.18 branch.
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.