This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ#15886] 1.1 revision of ht_HT locale
- From: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:07:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ#15886] 1.1 revision of ht_HT locale
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHdAataNmQfXSrN2r2TEj4r=Y+4W_QJS28n2=41LQ=yvx2p07w at mail dot gmail dot com> <521CDCC1 dot 4060707 at suse dot com> <CAHdAatZg1NGhTKf6GqY3mHQLiV+uGOfbnirxMT8q9R7Am_MZCw at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1308281553250 dot 752 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Joseph S. Myers
> On Tue, 27 Aug 2013, Chris Leonard wrote:
> Please see <https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist>.
> Patches and ChangeLog entries go in emails to libc-alpha, not Bugzilla.
> The change itself goes as a patch; the ChangeLog entry goes separately in
> the patch submission email rather than as part of the diff (and likewise
> the addition of any fixed bug number to NEWS doesn't go in the patch
> submission, it's expected to be done by the committer along with adding
> the ChangeLog entry to the top of the ChangeLog file).
I will resubmit the patch in the proper format with ChangeLog en suite
> In the case of a *new* locale, also make sure to include the addition to
> the SUPPORTED file in the patch you submit.
Excellent point, a significant oversight on my part
> One version of what I think is a new locale you submitted includes a
> version of wording referring to "GLIBC", contrary to what was said in
> <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-02/msg00433.html> - 'No formal
> text we use says "GLIBC"' (and as discussed elsewhere, when such a short
> form is used informally, it's in lowercase, glibc not GLIBC).
The "GLIBC" text you mention is copied directly from the FSF's
response to a locale's "non-copyright" status. Nonetheless, I will
make the appropriate changes.and resubmit the patch to the list.
Thank you for your assistance in becoming a better glibc contributor.