This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PowerPC LE configury
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:21:01 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: PowerPC LE configury
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130809050118 dot GG3294 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
I think we want to avoid the new directories and the Implies nightmare if
they are really only needed for the abilist files. We've talked before
about changing the way we find abilist files, and this seems like a good
forcing function to actually do it in this cycle.
The strawman idea is that sysdeps makefiles or configure or something would
just set some variable like 'abi-name'. Then we'd look for
$(libname)-$(abi-name).abilist instead of $(libname).abilist. (The only
reason then to look in sysdeps dirs instead of one common place is so that
add-on ports can supply them.)
We'd also discussed using that same name instead of the actual config tuple
as the lookup key for shlib-versions and perhaps some other such things.
But those can be follow-on changes.
Joseph might remember more details of what we've discussed in this area
before and/or have wiki or archive links handy.