This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add AARCH64 relocation constants to elf/elf.h
- From: pinskia at gmail dot com
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at linaro dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:16:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add AARCH64 relocation constants to elf/elf.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m2ppswdsao dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20130829232144 dot D38D12C072 at topped-with-meat dot com> <m2hae8doki dot fsf at redhat dot com> <5220DBDC dot 4040806 at redhat dot com>
On Aug 30, 2013, at 10:52 AM, "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 08/29/2013 08:12 PM, Petr Machata wrote:
>> Roland McGrath <email@example.com> writes:
>>> If the names are still in flux, then I think we're better off waiting to
>>> add any names that might change, rather than adding them now and changing
>>> them later.
>> The names that will be changed have already been added to elf.h in the
>> past. I don't include the renaming (of those existing constants) in my
>> patch, as the normative document is not yet out.
> Your patch also does some whitespace changes that should not be in the same
> patch as one that adds or renames new constants.
> If we have to rename constants I'd like to see two patches, one that adds
> constants, and another that renames.
> I'd also prefer strongly to wait for the normative document to be published
> by ARM, but that doesn't mean you can't have a branch ready with this patch
> so we can cherry-pick it in immediately.
I am almost ready to submit a patch which depends on the renaming due to the patch adding support for ilp32 abi. I would like the renaming patch to go in before mine. I don't know what arm's schedule to release the abi document though.