This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add AARCH64 relocation constants to elf/elf.h
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at linaro dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 13:52:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add AARCH64 relocation constants to elf/elf.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m2ppswdsao dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20130829232144 dot D38D12C072 at topped-with-meat dot com> <m2hae8doki dot fsf at redhat dot com>
On 08/29/2013 08:12 PM, Petr Machata wrote:
> Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> If the names are still in flux, then I think we're better off waiting to
>> add any names that might change, rather than adding them now and changing
>> them later.
> The names that will be changed have already been added to elf.h in the
> past. I don't include the renaming (of those existing constants) in my
> patch, as the normative document is not yet out.
Your patch also does some whitespace changes that should not be in the same
patch as one that adds or renames new constants.
If we have to rename constants I'd like to see two patches, one that adds
constants, and another that renames.
I'd also prefer strongly to wait for the normative document to be published
by ARM, but that doesn't mean you can't have a branch ready with this patch
so we can cherry-pick it in immediately.