This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Closing old release branches
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Closing old release branches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1308281619580 dot 752 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
Let's consider this for a policy:
At the same time we choose the release manager for an upcoming release, we
take a poll on the status of past release branches. For each past release,
if its release manager does not respond within a week, or says they are not
really maintaining it any more, then we give another week for someone new
to step forward and say they want to maintain that release branch (and
perhaps say why they care). After that, we declare each orphaned branch to
be closed, and update the wiki.
For the current cycle, we can start that process now since we didn't do it
when selecting the 2.18 release manager.