This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] dlfcn: do not mark dlopen/dlclose as leaf functions
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:40:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] dlfcn: do not mark dlopen/dlclose as leaf functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1377493203-1498-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org>
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> Since the dlopen funcs might invoke a constructor that is in the same
> compilation unit as the caller, we cannot mark them as leaf funcs.
> Similarly, dlclose might invoke a destructor that is in the same
> compilation unit as the caller.
If this is fixing a user-visible bug that was present in a glibc release,
there should be a bug report and a [BZ #N] number.
Joseph S. Myers