This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix static-binary lazy FPU context allocation
- From: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:14:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix static-binary lazy FPU context allocation
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1308221904520 dot 8514 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 08:12:55PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> We have an issue with FPU control word initialization in static binaries.
> We do it unconditionally, defeating any lazy FPU context allocation the OS
> may implement.
Could you elaborate on why this initialization needs to take place at
all? Under what conditions would the kernel give an incorrect initial