This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 00/36] PowerPC: Multiach support for PPC32
- From: Ryan S Arnold <rsa at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Ryan Arnold <rsa at us dot ibm dot com>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 07:15:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/36] PowerPC: Multiach support for PPC32
- References: <52128DC3 dot 1030509 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1308221132080 dot 31459 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 11:35 +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> Ryan, how does this interact with the 4xx string functions in ports? I
> suppose they should be integrated into the same scheme for runtime
> selection (and move from ports into libc). But until then, does it at
> least not break building using --with-cpu for some 4xx processor?
That's something we'll have to closely consider. The integration of the
ppc32 ifunc patches are not time critical so we have some time to sort