This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patchv2] Fix vDSO l_name for GDB's: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
- From: Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:40:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patchv2] Fix vDSO l_name for GDB's: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
- References: <20130820133807 dot GA15877 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net>
Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> [...] I believe it is most easy for consumers to have readable link
> map in the first place. Reading it several times attempting to
> incrementally map newly found DSOs in each consumer is ugly.
FWIW, I'm in favor of such a fix as well. It makes the link map in a
core dump fully self-contained, which I consider a significant
improvement of this interface over "mostly self contained, except...".
The fixed interface is easier to describe and document and easier to
consume by debuggers.