This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] [RFC] hppa: add fanotify_mark
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:30:10 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RFC] hppa: add fanotify_mark
- References: <1377100993-9438-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org>
On Wed, 21 Aug 2013, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> Another example of all the 64bit arches getting the definition via a
> common file, but the 32bit ones all adding it by themselves and hppa
> was missed.
How about adding an architecture-independent testcase (Linux-specific, of
course) for this function? I've no idea whether it can test any semantics
of fanotify_init / fanotify_mark, or only that calls to them link OK, but
in general when fixing bugs it's a good idea to add testcases that would
have detected them, and both functions are in my list of untested symbols
<http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-07/msg00386.html>, which we need
to add test coverage for bit by bit.
Joseph S. Myers