This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC: use libgcc _Unwind functions to get backtrace
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 17:06:42 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC: use libgcc _Unwind functions to get backtrace
- References: <51EB297C dot 30104 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <1374499285 dot 4775 dot 118 dot camel at spokane1 dot rchland dot ibm dot com> <51ED9905 dot 5030808 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <8761w2tg6f dot fsf at igel dot home> <51EE89D5 dot 5050506 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <CAAKybw-R43rdifqPa3H+7q7XB47K77ES_hm5bpmY5=5NCa7Kyg at mail dot gmail dot com> <51EF30F4 dot 5080303 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <CAAKybw-iBtO6PjLk4qUfXy311_nTBGuN4mb2YEzbYwLoPjK_XA at mail dot gmail dot com> <51F12DC7 dot 5000103 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <CAAKybw9wc-4a_oZ7JdY9ri9wF4FPaSCE+vO752V+0WXkAieHJw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 25-07-2013 12:18, Ryan S. Arnold wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Adhemerval Zanella
> <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> Ryan S. Arnold
>> Hi Ryan, thanks for the notes. You are correct and I realized it does needed to support
>> the non vDSO test (Linux 2.6.19 already provides the signal trampolines for PPC32
>> and PPC64). I also corrected the comments you pointed out.
>> Following Joseph comments, I added another test (tst-backtrace6) and changed tst-backtrace5
>> so the sa_flags can be changed if a define. The current behavior of tst-backtrace5 is unchanged.
>> I also checked on x86_64 and x86 and tst-backtrace6 produces the same output as tst-backtrace5,
>> it only changes for PPC32 that uses different signal trampolines depending of sa_flags.
>> And since 2.18 is close, I'd like to push it to 2.19.
>> What do you think now Ryan?
> The patch looks good to me now and I'm fine with this going into 2.19.
> We can backport to 2.18 once the release branch is created.
> Ryan S. Arnold
Pushed as d400dcac5e66047f86291d1a4b90fffb6327dc43.