This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2][BZ #14547] Fix CVE-2012-4412
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:26:13 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2][BZ #14547] Fix CVE-2012-4412
- References: <20130630164500 dot GF2654 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <mvmehagsfhm dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 08:56:21AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Siddhesh Poyarekar <email@example.com> writes:
> > I did not make a test case out of the reproducer since it would be
> > much too slow.
> Perhaps it could be added to xtests.
I tried, but it's taking *too* long. I was able to reproduce the
problem on x86_64 at length of 0x40000000 and based on some rough
extrapolation, it would take about 4600 hours to complete.
Maybe I could cap the run time for a minute and kill the test. Does
that sound good enough?
Thanks for making me do this though, since I actually found a bug in
my fix while trying to figure out how long the test could run. I'll
post an updated patch.