This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Potential issue with strstr on x86 with sse4.2 in glibc-2.18
- From: Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>
- To: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>
- Cc: Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:02:08 +0400 (MSK)
- Subject: Re: Potential issue with strstr on x86 with sse4.2 in glibc-2.18
- References: <520E181D dot 2040308 at archlinux dot org> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1308191628370 dot 2626 at monopod dot intra dot ispras dot ru> <20130819144648 dot GF20515 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1308191924490 dot 2626 at monopod dot intra dot ispras dot ru> <5212A278 dot 3090909 at archlinux dot org>
On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, Allan McRae wrote:
> But the most important thing, the person who bisected this fix was not
> using fgrlx for their libGL.so.1. They were using Mesa. And I see
> reports of Skype and Steam failing with both Intel and NVIDIA drivers.
> So binary blobs failing for all graphics drivers, and widespread
> failures for FGRLX.
Hm, right, all binary packages compiled (on purpose) with a vintage GCC are
going to have trouble.
Here's a collection of links to previous discussions in GCC Bugzilla: