This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 00/36] PowerPC: Multiach support for PPC32
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:27:31 -0300
- Subject: [PATCH 00/36] PowerPC: Multiach support for PPC32
This patch set implements multiarch support for PPC32. It is a large patch, 36 parts,
however mostly of the internal are files move and small adjustments.
* The support is complete with both string/etc. and FPU specialized functions.
* Minimum architecture supported is current GLIBC one (basically powerpc, prior
* With the patches I pushed some common implementation to sysdeps/powerpc/powerX
from sysdeps/powerpc/power32/.. and this required some cleanup on PowerPC64
side (although minimal).
* Each commit represent a symbol with first commit the initial support for the
libc_ifunc mechanism, except the first one (initial support) and 20th one that
setups the multiarch search order.
* Some cleanup was done, although mostly focused on comments.
Although most of the patch conflict with the ones posted by Alan Modra for PPC LE,
I didn't touch any logic of the implementation, I just added the ifunc infrastructure
to add the function selection. The PPC LE modification can be easy integrated on my
patch set, and the review for this patch set should not interfere with PPC LE one.
The current set of patch are being tracked on azanella/multilib-ppc-v3 branch at
The PPC64 is also completed, but I'd like to review the PPC32 first before push PPC64 side.
I tested with GCC 4.4.6, 4.7.3, and 4.8.1 on PowerPC32 (POWER5, POWER6, and POWER7).
I also did a built on a x86_64 to check non platform specifics changes.