Re: Potential issue with strstr on x86 with sse4.2 in glibc-2.18

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013, Rich Felker wrote:
> Really this doesn't even look like a case of a legacy binary, but
> rather fglrx's libGL.so.1 simply containing incorrect asm (or just
> CFLAGS?) that doesn't match the modern psABI calling convention. It
> would probably be best to pressure its maintainers to fix this bug on
> their side...

I'm afraid what's more likely to happen in practice is distributions being
pressured by users to pick up the patch reinstating the inline keywords in
strstr.c.  Allan, what are you going to do in Arch Linux about this?  Keep
patching upstream, or drop the patch, let FGLRX break and tell users to
complain to AMD, or... ?  [I do realize that the two former options are bad]

Alexander