This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] malloc: Add realloc test.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:26:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] malloc: Add realloc test.
- References: <5208A192 dot 4040409 at linaro dot org>
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013, Will Newton wrote:
> The current tests don't test the functionality of realloc in detail.
> Add a new test for realloc that exercises some of the corner cases
> that are not otherwise tested.
Given the confusion that has surrounded corner cases of realloc, could you
clarify (in comments in the test) how exactly the requirements being
tested are traced to C90, C99, C11 and POSIX (or to existing glibc
practice, as applicable)? (It appears you aren't testing the particularly
problematic cases with size 0 - see
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/dr_400.htm> - but
explicitly saying what tests trace to what standard requirements still
seems a good idea. Maybe a separate test should be added to verify as far
as possible that glibc stays compatible with existing glibc practice for
Joseph S. Myers