This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH] Improve rawmemchr implementation.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:03:14 +0200
- Subject: [PATCH] Improve rawmemchr implementation.
I looked to rawmemchr implementation and it can be improved by using
similar header that is used in strchr. A loop itself was well optimized
so we only gain around 20 cycles per call for sizes from 64 bytes.
Results at show it that this is improvement for unit tests but I did not
find program that calls rawmemchr yet.
A benchmark is at
Passes test, OK to commit?
* sysdeps/x86_64/rawmemchr.S (rawmemchr): Optimize implementation.