This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Do not call memmove when memcpy suffices.
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:41:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Do not call memmove when memcpy suffices.
- References: <20130813111123 dot GA1623 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <orvc39xsd4 dot fsf at livre dot home>
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 05:12:23PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
Will fix that.
Probably not, I ran
find | grep memmove
and all implementations found do it by splitting to forward/backward
A problem is that this macro is targeted to improve older glibc so I
wanted to avoid adding new symbol.
Feature was not beta tested