This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH 0/2] Port of lock elision on z/Architecture
- From: Dominik Vogt <vogt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 10:22:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH 0/2] Port of lock elision on z/Architecture
- References: <20130806090627 dot GA20664 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <20130806102208 dot GA6777 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <87a9kspyki dot fsf at tassilo dot jf dot intel dot com>
- Reply-to: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 09:59:41PM -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:
> OndÅej BÃlka <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > Are there also other architectures that want to add lock elision?
> > From my perspective I would like not duplicate much code, at least for
> > user visible interface handling. Could be these bits be factored out?
> I would prefer to keep the code separate, as the tuning strategies
> will not necessarily stay the same.
Well, even then we may have a lot of code duplication, but I'd
suggest to try the various implementations first and see what
tuning is necessary. When we know the requirements for each
platform we can look at the code and decide which parts can be
moved to common code.
Dominik ^_^ ^_^