This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.18 ready?
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: aj at suse dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 09:32:34 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.18 ready?
- References: <5203403D dot 3070305 at suse dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1308081535400 dot 7708 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
From: "Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 15:37:26 +0000
> On Thu, 8 Aug 2013, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> is anything blocking a release of 2.18?
>> I'm not aware of anything, I think we're fine and can solve any of the
>> problems that popped up on the mailing list the last weeks for 2.19.
> Indeed. We've had plenty of time for architecture maintainers to verify
> that the ABI is as expected on their architectures. Other issues can as
> needed be fixed on the branch after 2.18, for a 2.18.1 release, as
> appropriate (in general I think we should be more willing to make point
> releases from past release branches when enough fixes have accumulated
Since I've been travelling this week my plan was to take the final
steps over the weekend and cut the release next Monday.