This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.18 ready?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 15:37:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.18 ready?
- References: <5203403D dot 3070305 at suse dot com>
On Thu, 8 Aug 2013, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> is anything blocking a release of 2.18?
> I'm not aware of anything, I think we're fine and can solve any of the
> problems that popped up on the mailing list the last weeks for 2.19.
Indeed. We've had plenty of time for architecture maintainers to verify
that the ABI is as expected on their architectures. Other issues can as
needed be fixed on the branch after 2.18, for a 2.18.1 release, as
appropriate (in general I think we should be more willing to make point
releases from past release branches when enough fixes have accumulated
Joseph S. Myers