This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH 0/2] Port of lock elision on z/Architecture
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 12:22:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH 0/2] Port of lock elision on z/Architecture
- References: <20130806090627 dot GA20664 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 11:06:27AM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> The following set of patches ports the implementation of the Intel
> lock elision patches (without major changes to the original
> logic). This is only a request for comments, please do not commit
> any part of the patches (until my colleague who takes care of the
> legal stuff is back from his holidays).
Are there also other architectures that want to add lock elision?
>From my perspective I would like not duplicate much code, at least for
user visible interface handling. Could be these bits be factored out?
Also a second patch contains several formatting fixes for first patch,
do not be surprised when somebody will point that issues in first patch.
> Dominik ^_^ ^_^
> Dominik Vogt
> IBM Germany