Re: What *is* the API for sched_getaffinity? Should sched_getaffinity always succeed when using cpu_set_t?

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 08:21:09PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> There's another solution: Increasing __CPU_SETSIZE to a larger value.
>
> This is what a previous SUSE maintainer did for our glibc (changing to
> 4096). Unfortunately that issue seems to not have been discussed here;(

That does not fix the problem, it just changes the point at which the
problem occurs. It also breaks the ABI badly, in ways that would be
dangerous buffer overflows if you didn't use a new symbol version (and
even then, the danger remains for certain usages).

Rich