Re: Status of merging distribution patches

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 12:14:58AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> For Fedora and RHEL we are working hard to make sure everything goes
> upstream first. I'd say we are down to ~30 patches in Fedora 19 against
> glibc 2.17. I'm hoping we close that gap to something even smaller for
> Fedora 20 (glibc 2.18 based). That should help ensure other rpm-based
> distros also have a small set of patches.

There are 39 patches in rawhide. of which some could be upstreamed.  I
did a cursory look through and there are a few that have upstream bug
reports too, so I'll just need to ppost them again.  I don't know for
sure, but I think some were posted in the past and they simply fell
off the radar later.

> The patches to merge are all documented in Fedora's glibc.spec file.
> Any patches in the 0-0999 range are needing merging and I'll make sure
> we set aside time to move those upstream.

... and 2000-2999 that were posted upstream and not merged yet.
There's 8 of those.

Siddhesh