Re: [RFC 2.0] Implementing hwcap2

The calling convention for IFUNC resolvers is machine-specific.
Thus, it's up to each machine maintainer to decide what it should be
for his machine.  Given how rare IFUNC use still is, I'd say it's
also up to each machine maintainer to decide whether or not an
incompatible change to the convention is acceptable at this stage.

It might be nice if these conventions were unified, but to get there
from the status quo would require consensus among all the maintainers
for machines that now support IFUNC at all.

Ryan, I think what you need to do is go back and split your change up
into the generic and machine-specific parts.  First, we can review
the generic changes and come to a resolution on those parts.  (I
reviewed them before, but since then I've concluded that there is
some muddlation about what it means for 64-bit configurations and I
think we should discuss it more.)  Once that's done, you can send a
separate machine-specific change for each machine and hash out the
IFUNC resolver calling convention with that machine's maintainer(s).

Thanks,
Roland