Re: Should undefined symbols in sysv hash table be ignored in do_lookup_x?

> before that code.  Since undefined symbol has st_value == 0, we
> will only see it with TLS symbols.  Since most of relocations against
> TLS symbols are treated PLT relocations, we will return NULL for
> undefined TLS symbols, except for SIZE relocations against TLS
> symbols.

That sounds like a "yes", albeit far less clear.
So you can demonstrate it with a test case using SIZE reloc types.
It may not be worth the trouble to get that case into the test suite
now, since it requires unreleased binutils to build the test and that
would necessitate configure checks and all that.  But you should at
least write up the test case and post it.

Before we make a change for this reason, it should have a bugzilla report
filed and the test case attached there.

Thanks,
Roland