Re: How do we run a glibc logo contest?

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Carlos O'Donell <codonell@redhat.com> wrote:
> Community,
>
> In December we talked about a glibc logo:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-12/msg00139.html
>
> It's been suggested that we run a contest to choose the logo.
>
> This sounds like a great idea.
>
> Any suggestions on how we we run a contest? :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Carlos.

Oh, and once you have a logo, you are creating a "brand", which you
will want to protect from exploitation.  You will need to register the
trademark and develop an "Acceptable Use" policy  and possibly an
agreement to authorize it's use.

Once you have a logo you will also want to develop a page containing
"official" version fo the logo in various formats (e.g. SVG, PNG,
etc.) and various sizes.

Sugar Labs logo contest ideas page:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Logo_Ideas

Official Logo page: