Re: musl - and menchmarking libc

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> FYI: I just got pointed to musl - a smallish libc:
> http://www.etalabs.net/musl/
>
> It links to a comparison of libc versions and also to a benchmark:
> http://www.etalabs.net/libc-bench.html
>
> I didn't investigate further whether this is usefull but found it
> interesting enough to share,

I'm just as interested in the bug descriptions at
<http://www.etalabs.net/compare_libcs.html> under "Conformant printf",
"UTF-8 multibyte", "Attention to corner cases".  I don't know what bugs
are being described, but if they don't have open bugs in Bugzilla I'd like
to see such bugs filed (or reopened, if previously wrongly closed).  (I
filed bug 14106 for what I think is meant by "LFS64 problems" under
"Respect for C namespace" and "Respect for POSIX namespace", but can't
decode the others into identifiable bugs.)

Links to open bugs would be better on that page than terse
descriptions....

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com