Re: powerpc pthread_once bug fix

On 08/30/2012 05:20 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 08:29:01AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
I wrote this code in the first instance using atomic_read_barrier
followed by atomic_increment..  The reason why I implemented the patch
as I did, is that the asm allows MUTEX_HINT_REL on lwarx.  Otherwise
the asm is identical to atomic_read_barrier followed by
atomic_increment.  Please look at the generated object code to verify
this is so (or to refute my claim and hopefully find why things are
going wrong).  Is UP defined for your builds?

Sigh. I see the error. "=&r" (tmp) needs to be "=&b" (tmp), because "addi 0,0,1" is really "li 0,1".
Build looks good. The testcase which had me looking at this issue is also looking good -- certianly far more iterations without tripping any problems than it's done before.

Having looked at the patch fairly closely, I think it ought to go in once the constraint think is fixed.

jeff