Re: Active release branches

  Hi!

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 04:22:56PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2012, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
> > I've update Release/2.13 to indicate it was closed on 2012-08-22.
> >
> > I've updated Release, removing 2.13 from the list of supported branches.
>
> Thanks.  Would the 2.11, 2.12 and 2.14 maintainers care to comment on
> whether they still consider those branches active or not?

  I do not consider 2.11 active anymore.

  I dropped the ball on some changes that got in and never appeared in
any release, I apologize for that. Unfortunately, I am currently unable
to invest sufficient time in setting up a fully functional test
environment for checking the release (which turned out to be quite
less trivial than I thought).  Big part of this is also that I'm not
personally interested in 2.11 anymore and I'm not sure if anyone
else is.

  What I can offer is to do all the formal steps (tagging, uploading,
...) for a last 2.11 release if someone else who cares enough about 2.11
yet picks any outstanding commits for the branch and does all the proper
testing.

  Best,

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis