Re: Testsuite races

On 08/14/2012 03:05 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
I'd like to see an enumeration of all the sets of mutually-interfering
tests and for each a mention of what files are doubly-touched, before we
settle on a solution.

My tendency is toward something that is between #2 and #3.
That is, break out common setup tasks into a shared target that
is a dependency of both test rules.

But I'd like to see all the cases first.
It looks like it's just tst-codeset, tst-gettext3 and tst-gettext5 which conflict on ${objpfx}domaindir/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/codeset.mo

Changing the .sh file to look like:

(
  flock 200
  [ generate data & run test ]
) 200>${objpfx}lockfile

In each of the three tests seems to do the trick. Similarly creating a dependency in the Makefile where tst-gettext3.out depends on tst-codeset.out and tst-gettext5.out depends on tst-gettext3.out works just as well.

jeff