Re: time stamp counter in "make check"

But I don't know how to implement this feature in a good way.
Maybe it should be just option for make check to use correct time
stamp counter instead of counter with misleading results.
I guess some people can be interesting just in stability testing not
performance.
But ... replacing rdtsc with rdtscp for core i7 increases "make check"
execution time in more than 2 times.

On my machine time of "make check" running in 4 threads is as following:

Before replacing:

-bash-4.2$ time nohup make check -j4
nohup: ignoring input and appending output to `nohup.out'

real    6m41.962s
user    5m18.994s
sys     2m9.086s

After replacing:

real    20m56.105s
user    13m7.373s
sys     7m9.821s

I guess some people may be disappointed if the change will be not optional.

I didn't check how CPUID barrier effects time, but likely even greater
than rdtscp/rdtscp replacing fix.

--
Liubov Dmitrieva
Intel Corporation