Re: Testing 2.16 release candidate with gnulib

On 6/29/2012 6:33 PM, Bruno Haible wrote:
> [Carlos sent me the configuration results of testing a gnulib testdir
>  with a glibc 2.16 release candidate on x86_64.]

Bruno,

Unfortunately I made a mistake in the last configure I did.
In my hurry to send you the files I failed to set one of the environment
variables that pointed to the sysroot and thus the build used the *native*
environment instead of the 2.16 release-candidate build.

As Joseph correctly surmised that set of configure checks were run against
the native environment and not 2.16.

I've reconfigured gnulib, carefully following your instructions *and*
verifying the output is sensible and matches the results I achieved during
the first test run.

These object files are built by gnulib:

dprintf.o
fclose.o
fcntl.o
fflush.o
fprintf.o
fseek.o
fseeko.o
futimens.o
glob.o
ioctl.o
isfinite.o
linkat.o
log10f.o
logf.o
nanosleep.o
printf.o
remove.o
snprintf.o
sprintf.o
strerror_r.o
strstr.o
utimensat.o
vdprintf.o
vfprintf.o
vprintf.o
vsnprintf.o
vsprintf.o

Only these were new regressions:

log10f.o
logf.o
remove.o
strstr.o

We've identified strstr.o as a glibc issue.

We've identified remove.o as a gnulib issue.

We had not yet tracked down log10f.o or logf.o.

Hopefully with my new and correctly configured logs you can
determine the cause of the problem.

Again, I apologize for wasting your time and Joseph's time.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell