Re: Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit: The future of The GNU CLibrary.

As an embedded systems developer, one thing I could ask would be to make
cross-compiling a bit easier - as it stands, to build a cross toolchain, I
have to:
1) build binutils
2) copy headers out of glibc
3) Build part of gcc
4) build part of glibc
5) build the rest of gcc
6) build the rest of glibc.

If there were some way to refactor the process to make that a bit easier -
even just something as simple as allowing the make for (gcc|glibc) to
drive the make for (glibc|gcc) - that would be a great help.

I realize there is a great deal of cross-coupling between GCC and glibc,
and it will take work from both sides to help this, but in the past,
questions like this have led to a great deal of "Ask your mother"/"Ask
your father" style responses.