Pinging patches

Although we should try to review all patches reasonably promptly,
inevitably sometimes patches may fall through the cracks with each person
reading the patch not being particularly confident in their expertise in
the area or not having the time to review it then.

Thus, I think the contribution checklist should advise contributors to
ping (and keep pinging) any patch not reviewed within a week or so - and
any readers with unreviewed patches should go ahead and ping them.  This
is in addition to the point discussed recently of filing a bug in Bugzilla
if your patch fixes an unfiled bug, which should probably also go in the
checklist.  (It should perhaps also more generally be recommended to file
a bug for any patch, including new features, that hasn't been reviewed
reasonably promptly, to make sure it doesn't get lost.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com