Re: Fix rintf rounding (bug 2548)

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> My preference is to say that backport requests like this should be
> filed as bugs against 2.15 or with keyword glibc_2.15. There is no way
> a release manager will be able to easily and reliabley track backports
> without the help of bugzilla.
>
> Comments?

Seems reasonable - is your suggestion that the backport request be filed
as soon as the patch goes in on master, even if it would be a good idea to
allow the patch some time in master in case of any problems on other
architectures, before backporting?

My impression is that the various recent libm-test-ulps changes should be
backported as the relevant library / testsuite changes were already in
2.15.  And I think Aurelien's change to floating-point comparisons is also
relevant for 2.15.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com