Re: [Patch] Adding fedfs to /etc/rpc

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> wrote:
> You're missing an actual log entry, showing just the header line.
>
> libc's sunrpc support is already deprecated. ?I'm not sure that
> distributions actually install glibc's etc.rpc in /etc anyway.
>
> I suspect the only change we want to make to sunrpc/etc.rpc at this point
> is removing it (except perhaps in pre-2.14 release branches, if any of
> those are actively maintained). ?The file used on systems today should come
> from TI-RPC or somewhere else like that.

I agree.

This file should come from TI-RPC; looking at their source [1] I don't
see anything like this so some work is required there.

The pre-2.14 release branches have maintainers [2], but they are only
as active as we have people asking for backports.

Cheers,
Carlos.

[1] http://git.infradead.org/users/steved/libtirpc.git
[2] http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release